Saturday, May 2, 2009

Reflection 7

Looking back to my core subjects classes in high school and college, I noticed that my grades reflected on how well I physically and mentally felt comfortable with the class. Usually classes that felt that had no community in it, I had a hard time asking questions to my teacher and peers. I did a lot better when i was able to talk aloud about material during class when the whole class seemed interested and engaged.
I really like the guide on p.170 on strategies for building community in the classroom. Most of those points remind me of one of my most influential English teachers in high school. She always showed her passion to always learning everyday and improving our learning shill through each other.
The activities that the book suggest like orchestrated small groups, reading a loud, relating subjects, inquiring projects, Book clubs, and other are excellent. So many times we teachers miss opportunities to teach and coach in other ways students could adapt to. Challenging and encouraging the students without overwhelming is the toughest gaol the teacher will face.
These tips and guides and so helpful to have and reminds us to constantly be challenging and trying new ways of reaching to the mid of the students. Communication and high positive leadership will have a great impact on our future students.

No comments:

Post a Comment